Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Friday, September 08, 2006

:) :) :) :) :) !!!!!!TRAVEL CALL!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)



At 9:21 this morning our phone rang. It was the first phone call of the day. I was sitting on the couch pouting, and Ben was sitting next to me making fun of me. Anyway, the phone rang and we both looked at each other. I refused to answer it, because I was sure it wasn't "the call". Ben got up, grabbed the phone and read the caller I.D. It said "PRIVATE". Ugh... my heart broke again. Well, turns out our SW was home with her sick child so she called from her house!!! This was the conversation I heard:

Caller: blah blah blah
Ben: Yes, this is Ben.
Caller: Blah, blah, blah
Ben: Great, how about you? (I was clued in here that this could be "the call" because Ben never says "great".)
Caller: Blah blah blah.
Ben: Ok, just a second. (Then Ben puts the phone on speaker and says "go ahead")
Caller: YOUR BABY IS READY TO TRAVEL!!!
Me: uncontrollable sobbing, without the ability to speak.


Quickly Ben took the phone off of speaker, and got the rest of the information. I think I cried for the next 10 minutes without taking a breath. I still can't believe we finally got our travel call.

We made our flight reservations and we are leaving Tuesday. We will be gone for a week, but we will return with our BEAUTIFUL SON!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! I jumped quickly over to your blog wondering if there was any news and here it is!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about your son's arrival!!!!!!!

I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have safe travels and I'll be waiting to hear all about it!!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Congrats!!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you! Enjoy every second in Korea... it is a wonderful place!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Congratulations, Ryan!!! I am SOOOO HAPPY for you! I am so glad we will be meeting our babies at the same time!!! Have a GREAT TRIP!!! :)

12:04 AM  
Blogger Bobby and Ivy said...

Ryan! I'm crying such happy tears for you! I can't wait to see Arie home! You are just a great person and a great mom. Your family is beautiful.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home