Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

10 things I LOVE about Korea

(NOT IN ANY ORDER!)

1. The food. Bulgogi is my VERY favorite and I can make it with the best of 'em!
2. The country side is breathtaking. I could look at pictures of Korea all day long
3. Tae-Kwon-Do. Well, this was Ben's pick! It's great for children and adults, and teaches so many things including respect, discipline, and self-esteem.
4. The people. To me Korean people seem so gentle and honest. I like that they have "old-fashioned" values... I think that the U.S. should "regress" a little bit in what we think is acceptable.
5. Hanbok's. A Hanbok is the traditional gown/outfit worn by Korean's for important events/ceremonies. They are often bright colored and made out of silk. SOOO pretty.
6. Their love of children.
7. I'm TRYING to love their language, but let me tell you, it is HARD to learn! We've been working hard and the only think I KNOW I'm saying right is "car".
8. Their music. We have some ceremonial music and it is so different from anything I have heard. It has soothing drum beats and a quiet rhythm. Micah listins to it when he goes to sleep at night!
9. They traditions and customs. During our home study, I was asked what "American" customs and traditions we have. That was a REALLY hard questions! I think because the U.S. is such a melting pot, there aren't really a lot of "American" traditions. Bar-b-ques? Aside from holidays, what would you have said?
10. ARIE!!! Obviously he is going to be on my list!

Add on if you want!
Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home