Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ho Hum.

Poor Ben. He just called to check in and I yelled at him for calling, because once again, I thought he was the agency. Sigh.

No news to report. Umm... lets see. I'm sure I can think of something. OH! We started making Arie's "welcome home" sign. After it's finished I'll take a picture of it and put it on here.

I've been spending the past few days reading a lot of blogs from Korean Adult Adoptees. The debate over weather Korea shoul closed down international adoption or not has really caused an uproar. There are many KAA who think it should be shut down, and many who don't. I have learned a lot by reading all of this the past few days, but let me tell you, I am wiped out. There is so many emotions involved and the issue is so complex. I can't even begin to have an opinion. I will, however, continue to educate myself on the issue and "listen" to all of the opinions out there.


On a happy note, my step-mother e-mailed me these pictures below. They cracked me up, so I thought I would share!
..................................Ok, after several attempts of trying to upload these picture, I have determined that Blogger, once again, isn't working. Grrrrrr.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,

My family is also working with ASIA to adopt a son from Korea. Our referral was 6/1/06. We are just a few weeks ahead of you in the process. I have noticed that our paperwork along the way has been processed about the same time as yours. I am not one to post on the internet, but I felt compelled to write and say that as soon as we get our travel call I will give you a heads up. Maybe it can help you better estimate when your call will come. I have a feeling since our paperwork is being processed in about the same time frame, that we are going to get the call around the same time. :o]

Kim

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home