Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Saturday, September 02, 2006

"Welcome Home" sign & Gifts




Here is the sign that we made for Arie's homecoming. The "flags" are made out of Elaine and Micah's handprints.

I also thought I'd share pictures of the gifts we are bringing to Korea. My father-in-law is an amazing woodworker, and he made these 7 pens for us. They normally retail for around $70, so hopefully the recipients will enjoy them. Also, one of my friends collected money from her family, and with it I purchased the items for Eastern Baby's Home. EBH is where the babies placed for adoption go for the first couple weeks of their lives prior to being placed in foster care. My neighbor donated the items from Chincoteague, VA. Here is a list of our gifts:

- Handcrafted wooden pens (for Foster Dad, and various people at Eastern)
- 4 boxes of stationary from Papyrus (for Foster Mother and various people at Eastern)
- Book of Virginia (for Foster Dad)
- 6 bottles of infant Tylenol (for Eastern Baby's Home)
- 12 sleep/play outfits (for Eastern Baby's Home)
- Enfamil Cleft Palate Bottles (for Eatern Baby's Home)
- Wooden pineapple bowl... the pineapple is a symbol of hospitality in the U.S.(For foster mother)
- Iron pineapple trivet (for Foster Mother)
- 12 small boxes of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (for staff at Eastern, and extra small gifts)
- Willow Tree angel hugging littel boy (for Foster Mother)
- Keepsake double sided engraved silver plated frame with pictures of Arie and Foster mother. (for Foster Mother)
- 10 Washington D.C. magnets (for staff at Eastern, and extra small gifts)
- 5 bottles of hand lotion (for staff at Eastern and extra small gifts)
- 5 lip gloss sets (for staff at Eastern)
- Can of Virginia Peanuts (for Foster Family)
- Glucosamine (for foster mother... vitamins adn glucosamine are expensive in Koera and very appreciated as gifts)
- Three bottles of Virginia made Honey.
-Items from Chincoteague, VA (salt water taffy, note pad, stationary, dish towel)


I have had so much fun collecting these items. Almost all of the items were made in the U.S.A., and many were made in Virginia. There is also special meaning behind many of these things. I can't wait to hand them out to everyone!
*******OK, I hate blogger. I can't EVER get my pictures on here! I'll try again later******

3 Comments:

Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Hey Ryan! It's September and you know what THAT means... IT'S YOUR MONTH TO GO TO KOREA!!! I just know it!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

This is a great list of gifts. I hope you get that call very, very soon.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I hope we both get our calls tomorrow, too!!!! :)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home