Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Misc.





Blogger worked for once... here are the pictures I mentioned the other day.

A couple days ago, I got a "comment" on my blog from a woman named Kim... she is also with ASIA and has a referral date of June 1st (we're June 15th) and she is still waiting for travel. I was a bit bummed out to read that, but there is no reason why we couldn't get our calls on the same day!!! :)~ Kim, if you can e-mail me at mommy2arie@yahoo.com I would LOVE to chat with you!!!

I worked all weekend at the hospital (I'm a labor and delivery nurse). We had a very interesting weekend. Today there was a situation where ethics came into play... at least they almost did. I was going to have to decide between fighting for the beliefs of my patient, or just going with the grain. Totally torn... I prayed. Now, I'm religious, but it's not like me to just pray at work when I get frustrated... I have never done it before. But, this was a life and death situation, and I felt torn. Anyway, I prayed, and God must have had his ears WIDE OPEN because as soon as I walked back out to the nurses station we found out that the patient for whom I was praying for had just delivered at another hospital and mama and baby were doing alright. It's a long story, and because of confidentiality I can't post about it on the internet... but let me just tell you that God truly is amazing and answered my prayer RIGHT AWAY! I was humbled... and that baby's life was saved.

Also, Just thought I would share our timeline with anyone who is interested:
12/9/05 Intake interview with ASIA
1/06 Formal application submitted
2/06 - 4/06 Home study
4/20/06 Offically on "Waiting for Referral" list with ASIA
6/15/06 Referral of Arie!
6/26/06 Acceptance papers sent to ASIA
6/30/06 Acceptance papers sent to Korea
7/4/06 Acceptance papers recieved in Korea at ESWS
7/7/06 Recieved "legals", sent in I-600 application to USCIS
7/13/06 Recieved I-600 approval (171) in mail
as of 8/25/06... still waiting for our travel call to go get our son!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Ryan,

I'm so glad God answered your prayer! That is amazing!

Oh and I know this has nothing to do with anything but I don't think I ever told you I love your name! When we were waiting for Gracie to be born I wanted to name her Ryan. We ended up with Gracie because hubby wanted Gracie and I loved them both. I think he worried too much about people thinking she had a boys name. I didn't worry I just think it is an awesome girls name!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Ryan,

I'm so glad God answered your prayer! That is amazing!

Oh and I know this has nothing to do with anything but I don't think I ever told you I love your name! When we were waiting for Gracie to be born I wanted to name her Ryan. We ended up with Gracie because hubby wanted Gracie and I loved them both. I think he worried too much about people thinking she had a boys name. I didn't worry I just think it is an awesome girls name!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home