Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The death of Steve Irwin

Before I get into my own life, I wanted to talk about the death of Steve Irwin (aka The Crocodile Hunter). I was so saddened to hear about his death. He was such an amazing person who had devoted his life to helping animals. I am a HUGE animal lover (all animals) and I think I only have a .10 of the passion that he had. My children have enjoyed watching him on t.v. as have I. He had such an amazing passion and spirit about him. He was an amazing father to his two children Bindy and Bob, and such a genuine person. As I type this my daughter is watching a "Wiggles: Safari" video with him in it. My prayers are with his family at such a tragic time.

Well, I think hope is lost for today. It's already 11:45 and still no travel call. I think the agencies normally call in the A.M, though occasionally they do call later. We are about 70% packed now... tonight we will finish up.

The reason we thought the call would come today is because even though ASIA said it may take 1-2 weeks for the visa to get issued, I know of A LOT of people who have only waited a day or two for their visa to get issued. Also, a lot of people get their travel call right after their visa is issued... some even the same day. We think our visa was issued last week... so we TOTALLY expected our travel call today. I'm so depressed that we haven't heard anything yet :(

This is definitely the worst part of the process. Talk about living on the edge... we are ready to leave on a moments notice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

I feel exactly the way you do about Steve Irwin. It is surreal to me that he is really gone. I just heard this morning and I couldn't bring myself to tell my daughter before she left for school. She loved him! I couldn't write much about it on my blog today but just a quick statement and some pics. It really really saddens me. The world lost a great one!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home