Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, September 11, 2006

John Thomas McErlean...a tribute

John Thomas McErlean, Age 39

On the anniversary of 9/11, I believe that everyone should take a moment to remember the lives lost. There were 2996 lives lost that day. Each life was someone's father, mother, sister, brother, daughter, or son. Each life was special, and each life had a purpose.

One of those lives was John Thomas McErlean. He was 39 years old when he died, he was a "New Yorker" from Larchmont, NY. He was a husband, father, and a hard worker... and I have read that he had an "infectious" laugh. He probably liked to play outside with his children on nice days, or take his wife out on a "date" when he was fortunate enough to find a babysitter! He looks like a nice guy... I'm just judging by his picture, but he has a warm smile. Maybe he was the "class clown" when he was younger, or maybe he was the star football player on his high school team. Who knows. But I like to think that no mater what he was like, he was a good person with a good heart... who didn't deserve to die so young.

I hope that on this day, you take a moment and think about all that was lost in those few horrible moments. Not only the lives of so many people, but the spirits of so many others. The country changed, world views changed, and our nation pledged to move forward... I'd like to think we have.

Outside of my house I have an American Flag blowing in the breeze. That flag wasn't put up today though... it's been up. I personally don't feel that there has to be a "reason" to hang up the flag (i.e. Memorial Day, Independence Day, 9/11 anniversary). I think the flag should always fly as a symbol of the pride we have in our country, and to honor all of those who have served our country...including my father and my husband. I am a PROUD American. I am PROUD to fly my flag, and PROUD to show my patriotism. I'd like to think that John Thomas McErlean and the other 2995 lives lost that day would agree with me.

Here is a link to a website with a mission of honoring all 2996 lives that were taken on September 11, 2001. I learned about John Thomas McErlean at that site. I hope you can take some time out of your day to go to that site and read about some of the men, women, and children who died that day. I'm sure John's family, and all of the other families would appreciate it.

God bless the McErlean family on this 5 year anniversary... God bless the other 2995 families... and God bless America.

**Edited to say: I just found this link with more information on John. Please keep him and his family in your prayers today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a nice tribute.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

Beautiful, Ryan, I know his family will appreciate your tribute.

Still so, so sad, so hard to accept.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home