Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Life with 3 kids


Arie at the airport

Hi everyone! I'm am SO busy with 3 kids... UGH! Going from 2 to 3 is NOT EASY! Anyway, Arie is doing so well. He was AWESOME on the plane. Never really cried much. Everyone was so amazed with him. He did great the first night home, but I think he was just SUPER exhausted. Last night however he was awake from 2-6am . It was awful. Hopefully today we can work on keeping him awake so he will sleep better at night! He's eating alright, but not great. My other 2 kids were excellent eaters, so this is different for me.

Arie is 4.5 months old. He is SO tiny... only 11 pounds. IHe is off the charts (the low end obviously) for weight. He looks like a newborn! He wears size 1 or 2 diapers (depending on the brand) and his 3-6 month clothes are a little baggy. I think he is a little behind with his gross motor development, but I think he'll catch up quickly. Our first DR apt isn't until next Friday. He can roll over from belly to back, but not the other way yet. And he doesn't hold his head up very well when on his belly. I'm not worried though. In our eyes he is 100% perfect!

We're still trying to get a routine established (it's only been 2 days since we've been home). Micah and Elaine are adjusting nicely... we'll mostly Elaine. Micah is still a little jealous, so we've been giving him LOTS of extra attention.

Tomorrow Ben goes to work for a few hours so I will be on my own... keep your fingerws crossed for me!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan -- fingers crossed here. I just know you will shine ;D

Congrats on your beautiful new son, Arie!

Randi from HoltBB ;D

5:46 PM  
Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Welcome Home!!!! Arie is BEAUTIFUL! Once you get in a routine you'll forget what it was like to "just" have 2!!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ryan
I've been thinking of you guys. Arie sure is a cutie!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home