Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Saturday, September 16, 2006

FINALLY some pictures!




Here he is!!! I finally managed to get some pictures on here!!! HE was asleep when we first walked into the room to see him the other day. The FM woke him up though. We won't get to see him again until Monday (today is Saturday in Korea), and these pictures were taken on Thursday morning. I miss him so miss... and my other two children too.

Today we walked up a mountain. It must have been HUNDREDS of stairs to the top. It was totally exhausting, but very beautiful. At the top of the mountain we could see the whole view of Seoul. It was amazing. That took us most of the day. We also bought Arie his fist Hanbok (traditional Korean outfiy) today. It's beautiful... he'll wear it for special occasions his first year. Asside from our first night here where we had to eat Subway (because we were too tired to look further) we have eaten nothing but Korean food. Although, believe it or not, we have a hard time finding Bulgogi (a very popular Korean dish in the U.S.). We've only been able to find it once!

A couple of things I've noticed about Korea:
1. We (and everyone else) use the subway system to get EVERYWHERE!
2. Every 20 feet there is a different smell.
3. The fashion is totally different (think 80's... EVERYWHERE!)
4. LOTS of color... signs, products, clothes, etc. It's so colorful.
5. There is no RedBull (or any kind of energy drink like that!)
6. Shoes are sold at every turn. So many shoe stands!
7. Some of the food they eat here is really different (like crispy WHOLE squid), but most of it is YUMMY!
8. Every time we see a caucasian person we think to our selves... "is he/she adopting?"... it's funny. OF course that's not the case, but the though stil enters our minds.

I'm sure I'll have more later! Tomorrow is Sunday and we are SO EXCITED for Monday... I can't wait to get Arie in my arms again!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home