Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, September 18, 2006

Goodbye Korea

Although I am so excited to bring Arie home, I feel so much sadness and guilt. I am sad for Korea... sad for the people that will watch me walk through the airport carrying him in my arms, because they will be watching another one of their children go the the U.S. I'm sad for his foster mom who has loved him like her own for over 4 months. I can't even imaging what she is feeling today. I feel so guilty that Arie is going to go through yet ANOTHER traumatic experience in what has so far been a very difficult life. He doesn't deserve it.

In the end, I will offer as much Korean culture to him that I can... which obviously isn't a lot, but I will do my best. We will strive to incorporate the things that we have learned and grown to love about Korea. I will try my hardest to teach him to be proud of his roots, and proud of himself. Leaving Korea is going to be so bittersweet. It will be hard for all of us involved.

Well, tomorrow is our big day! I miss my other two children so much it hurts. I can't wait to have our whole family together. We have enjoyed ever second of our time here in Korea. We have tried to totally immerse ourselves in the culture. We've eaten food that we've never seem before, gone on walks through the poor sections of Seoul, and done all of the "toursity" things too. I've tried to take pictures for Arie that will give him a sense of what life is really like in Korea. I will never be able to fully explain it all to him, but hopefully through some of my photography, video and stories he will get a good sense of Seoul. I hope that he chooses to come back one day.

Next time I post we will be back at home and trying to get settled... it may be a while until I'm able to post again! Thank you for following our journey this far. It has been an amazing experience with so much more to come. Blessings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Third Mom said...

Ryan, well said. Safe trip home!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Have a safe trip home! Your son is beautiful!!!!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home