Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Attention Mr. Pepto


Who's brilliant idea was it to make Pepto Bismol HOT FREAKIN' PINK??? Let's just think about this for a second. Your sweet little daughter is complaining of a stomach ache. After dragging your exhausted butt out of bed (where you've been laying for all of 3 minutes) you find some medicine that may or may not help, but will at least stop the whining for a bit. After giving your sweet child the brightly-colored-flamingo-pink-liquid you return to bed and fall fast asleep.

Fast forward to 5:00 a.m. In walks your sweet child saying that her "throat hurts" (huh? throat? What happened to "tummy"?) After pondering what to do for about 5 seconds your sweet child turns into "Reagan" from The Exorcist movie and projectile vomits ALL OVER YOUR BED AND FLOOR. Thankfully the sore throat is gone (because 5 year olds can sometimes get their body signals mixed up thereby thinking nausea = throat ache), but now you have a flourescent mess to clean up. After scrubbing the stains on the floor three times with LOTS of Oxyclean, the hot pink mess has finally turned into a nice subtle pale pink. At least it matches my room now.

So to the makers of Pepto Bismol, I would like to offer a suggestion. CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE CLEAR DYE-FREE MEDICINE??? Isn't that common sense???

5 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

I only had to learn that lesson once... that is why I buy dye free tylenol, pedilite and gatorade when they are sick. I HATE that it stains on the way back up.. not kidding...

Sorry about that...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Petula said...

Amen! Makes so much sense. Fortunately for me my kid made it to the toilet after the Pepto!

Gosh, sorry about that!

8:46 PM  
Blogger It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

TOTALLY agree with you on that one!! It seems like a no-brainer, but pink it is....

11:22 AM  
Blogger Dani Beef said...

my 5 year old neice wasn't fond of the taste either. she didn't even swallow it; she gagged when she attempted to and just gurgled the pink stuff all over my brand new TEXTURED CREAM BEDROOM CARPET. i used clear window cleaner to get it up but you can still see the stain.

also? one of my best friends and co-workers is allergic to red food dye. he got food poisoning and guess what i had in my big first aid kit that he couldn't take. i pulled it out and just looked at me and said "...tell me why i can't have that" and my eyes got wide and i got sad and said "...because you're allergic to red food dye. ugh, i don't even KNOW of anything to give you!"

it didn't help that the nsaid i was gonna give him was an ORANGE motrin. couldn't give him a BRIGHT RED TYLENOL either. luckily, i could at least give him DYE-FREE benadryl to SORTA combat things.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Paula Schuck said...

We had a blue koolaid disaster this winter. We were at a special family fun day and my daughter with special needs convinced one of the organizers to keep slipping her blue Koolaid Jammers. Well at 4 a.m. when she projectile vomited blue Koolaid I decalred a ban on any blue foods for life. It will never come out of upstairs hall carpet. Grr.

Paula

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home