Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Update... still in the hosptial.

Arie is still in the hospital... he had surgery today (this AM). Everything went well, his endoscopy was normal, and he now has a PEG feeding tube in place. He's on Morphine for pain. Hopefully he will be discharged Sat or Sunday.

We did learn, however, that they want Arie admitted to an inpatient feeding program for anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. There is a great hospital in our state with a wonderful feeding program that we (and the doctors) are looking at. Apparently the rest of us would stay at the Ronald McDonald house. There is no rush to do it, so perhaps we will do it over the summer. I just can't imagine leaving Elaine and Micah for more than a couple of days. It's been so hard being away from home these past couple of weeks (between my hospitalization and Arie's).

Please keep up the prayers that all goes well. I have LOTS of pics, but I've gotta run, so I'll post them later next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Schrandt-O-Rama said...

It's Saturday now- I hope Arie is comfortable and on his way home.

The feeding program sounds intense. Wishing you all clarity as you face the road ahead.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Still praying!

10:38 AM  
Blogger X said...

prayers still going on here and hoping for an update soon.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home