Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, October 11, 2007

He's getting bigger!!!

I forgot to post this picture earlier... this was pre-surgery, but Naso-Gastric tube and all, he kept smiling!
Arie earlier this summer on his first bike.


So, we've been home for a couple of weeks now, and I'm THRILLED to say that Arie has already gained 2 lbs!!! He's up to 20 lbs now. In the past (pre-tube) it took him an average of 2 months to gain 1 lb, so 2lbs in 3 weeks is a HUGE improvement!

We had lots of problems the first week. Apparently we had a defective tube and the port would become detached from the end of his tube feed bad and spill tube feed/ gastric contents everywhere. We were bathing him in the middle of the night almost every night, changing sheets like crazy, etc etc etc. One night I ended up bathing him 3 times because of it. This was the last straw, and I finally called the doctor. We went in, and he switched out the end of the tube (where the ports are) with a new section... no leaks since! I wish I had gone in sooner :(

Thanks God we have not had any issues with Micah or the dog yanking on it. (I cringe just to think about it). Arie's next surgery is scheduled for December 5th when he will have a Mic-Key button placed. (A Mic-Key is is skin level so there won't be a tube hanging off of him at all times... only during feedings).

Well, I'm off to tend to Micah who's Asthma is acting up. Ahhh.... the life of a stay at home mom. :)~

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Great to hear an update! I'm so glad Arie is gaining!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Schrandt-O-Rama said...

YAHOOO ARIE!!!! Way to go big boy!
Glad to hear the tube woes have been fixed, I think you'll like the MicKey when the time comes.

Wishing your whole family some health- you guys deserve a break!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home