Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Home again, home again.

Right before surgery with a naso-gastric tube going down his nose into his tummy.
Right after surgery, still out from anesthesia.
Back in his hospital room.
Close up of his belly.
Oma and Opa visiting their youngest grandson
Arie came home on Saturday. He's doing MUCH better and seems very happy to be home. I think adjusting to the new feeding tube is more of an issues for mommy and daddy than for him! It's pretty time consuming, and I feel like all I ever do is feed him either by food bottles, food by mouth, or food by tube.

Pain wise he is much better. We're just giving him Tylenol, Zantac, and his antibiotic now (through the tube... a HUGE blessing for a baby who HATES meds!).
We've already given him a few feedings, but the one last night (during the night) was AWFUL. The tube became unattached over night, so he woke up SOAKED with liquid. We finally figured out what we did wrong, so hopefully that wont happen again. He gets fed via. tube after every meal, and all night long.

My biggest fear is that he will roll around all night long and either strangle himself with the tubing or yank it out. Ben's biggest fear is that our really really stupid English Bulldog "Gertie" will see it and think it's a toy. Yuck.
I'll just keep my fingers crossed about all of that.

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Sweet Arie--I hope that he is having a good day today and that you guys can settle back into a "normal" routine.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about praying for Arie! Good luck with the feedings...I'm sure it will just getting easier with time!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

glad you are home Ryan- I'm sure it will take some getting used to. thinking of you guys- "natesabel"

10:37 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I'm so glad he is home and doing okay. I can only imagine this is a very trying time. I will keep praying.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Schrandt-O-Rama said...

Hope Arie is tolerating the feeds ok- does it seem to bother him at all? He looks fantastic in the photos!!!
Glad you are home.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That great kid is so lucky to have you guys. Keep up the good work. He is on his way.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks everyone! And to "anonymous"... yes, he is a great kid, but we are the lucky ones!!!

Ryan

8:43 PM  
Blogger X said...

Thinking of you all the time! Hoping Arie gets better soon and gets good nourishment. you are all so blessed to have one another. continued prayers from Jersey.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

A late late comment - so glad for you all that the surgery is over! I hope that all is well, that Arie is fully recovered, and that you're well too, Ryan!!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home