Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

And now for the BIG NEWS!



Now that we've had a chance to tell all of our family, I can share with you all!

The day before Thanksgiving I found out that.... IM PREGNANT! Yes, the picture above is my 8 week ultrasound picture. We were NOT planning on getting pregnant any time soon, but we are excited. It took a couple of weeks for the shock to wear off, but it's gone now, mostly.

I'm due August 1st. I'm 9 weeks now, and I turn 10 weeks on Friday. I have no idea how I'm goin gto handle four kids all so young, but I guess I'll manage.

As for the breast biopsy, it had to be canceled because it's not safe for the baby to do an MRI. I will soon be meeting with a breast surgeon to go over my options, but my doctor thinks that he will just wait until after I deliver to do any further testing. Apparently things "look" benign, but because of my family history, they can't be sure until a biopsy is done.

So that's the scoop! Sorry I've kept you waiting for so long.

8 Comments:

Blogger shell said...

i am not sure how i even found your blog, but i have followed your family for a while now. just wanted to encourage you, when we brought our two boys home from ethiopia, the kids were all: 4,4,2,2,1. they are now 5,5,3,3,2. and we are still alive!!!!!!! you can do it! routine and you will soon see, kids so close in age become best friends and a lot of things are easier because they are so close in age. congrats!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :)

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATS!! We'll be pregnant together...I'm due early June, it seems like so long ago that we've talked. We miss you guys, Nicole has been asking about Elaine. Hope all else is well, we need to get together soon.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

Congrats!!! I also found out that I am pregnant after several adoptions.. I will have 4 kids (but only three under three). I am not dealing with breast biopsies, but other crazy stuff. It is amazing how much we think we can't handle and then we DO...

Hang in there!!

P.S. my 18 month old has been dealing with eating issues like your Arie and it has been so nice to read your blog and see your progress...

2:48 PM  
Blogger MomEtc. said...

Congrats to you!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Gypsy at Heart said...

Oh¡ I am very glad for you Ryan and I don't even know you. Have enjoyed reading your blog. Can you please post soon? Now the whole business about the biopsy has left me concerned for your baby and you. Congratulations though.

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ryan!!!!

Amanda

12:29 AM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

Ryan, long time no visit!! I've been blog absent, and stopped by today to see this great news. Congratulations! I hope everyone at your house is doing well!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home