Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I went back to the ER yesterday afternoon and was admitted. I was throwing up all evening. Turns out I have the stomach flu on top of the tonsillectomy, so keeping pain meds down and keeping myself hydrated was not an option. I stayed last night and was supposed to stay tonight too, but we don't have any help at home with the kids. Our neighbors have been lifesavers, but they all have kids of their own and obviously aren't able to just STAY at my house. My in-laws have a bar-b-q or something to go to and apparently think I should be feeling fine by now, so they aren't offering any help. Don't even get me started on that right now.

Arie will be having his feeding tube placed a week Friday. We were going to do it tomorrow, but I'm still in too much pain to devote all of my time to him, and Ben has to work this weekend to make up hours he's missed this week because of me. Arie will be in the hospital for 3-4 days. Lets just HOPE I'm better by then. From what I hear (from other adults that have had their tonsils out) the severe pain lasts about 2-3 weeks and then tapers off.

I'm off to take my next dose of meds!

6 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Oh my, I am so sorry you are in so much pain!! Wish you had someone who was nearby to help you out. I am sure you would heal faster if you got some rest and help. I always say..."too bad you can't choose your family." Good luck with Arie!! In the long run the tube will be so good for him. Feel better soon,
Michele, Mom to Emily-5 (Yunnan Province, China) and Alyssa-2 (Chongqing, China)
www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com

10:28 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

Ryan!! Omigosh!! Please email if there's anything I can do to help - babysit? You know I work not too far from where you are.

You guys have your hands full, prayers going your way that things you recover quickly, Arie's food tube goes well and helps him, and things settle down.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thinking of you, Ryan! And, I wish I lived closer so that I could keep your kids for you. Get well soon! Erin (NCgirl)

10:07 AM  
Blogger MomEtc. said...

I'm so sorry to read you are so ill! Hope you are feeling better soon.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan, Thinking of you and praying you will be healthy soon!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Ugh!!! What a week! Hope you're feeling better soon. And it's too bad you live close to your real family rather than your Holt BB family b/c we'd all be more than willing to pitch in and help out! Hopefully you're over this hill soon!!!!Becky (2boys2love)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home