Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Food for Thought

I received an e-mail from the head SW at ASIA today. I had written her asking if there was any new information. There isn't any, but after reading her response, it made me realize something...

I often complain on here about the wait for Arie, how things take a long time, how we hear different info from different SW's, etc. Although I complain sometimes, these complaints are NOT directed at either ASIA, Eastern (ESWS) or the Korean government. All my "whining" is simply my unhappiness with Arie being so so so far away.

ASIA and Eastern have both done fabulous jobs in my opinion. The SW's are honest and have never given me the impression that I have bothered them. Even with my countless e-mails! They have always given me honest answers to my questions, and they are the ones responsible for this process moving so quickly. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

At the moment we are just waiting for the Korean Government to grant Arie's petition to travel. The government in Korea is very hard working and also very honorable. They have been working with the U.S. for a long time and both countries have a very respectable relationship with each other. We know that Korea is doing the best that they can in getting Arie home to us.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone reading... wether your family, friend, adoptive parent, or future adoptive parent... knows that we are 100% impressed and happy with our decision to adopt from Korea and our decision to use both ASIA and ESWS. If you are considering international adoption, Korea is the way to go. I apologize if I have inadvertently given the wrong impression to anyone about this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home