Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Friday, July 28, 2006

If only...

If only our agency told us when we have "EP". EP is the petition for immigration granted by the Korean government. Once EP is obtained, then your travel call is imminent (like within one month). EP is the LAST thing you are told prior to travel. Today on the forum I talk on, 4 people who received their referrals on 6/15, 6/20, 6/21, and 6/22 got EP!!! If you remember, we got our referral on 6/15 also. Here's the problem... our agency doesn't tell us about EP! It's so frustrating. The other problem is that in Korea they only grant these petitions in "batches" once every month, so I can't just assume that I also have EP. I could have missed that batch. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! So now, even though we were told (by one SW) to expect a call in October, the other SW said probably September but maybe August. UGH! All of that was prior to this whole EP fiasco though.

To help myself deal, I went shopping today. On the forum we call this "retail therapy". OF course I didn't actually buy anything for my family except for 1 new toy for Arie. Other than that it was all money toward gifts to take to Korea.

Well, we have a bet now. Ben's betting August for travel, and I'm thinking September... anyone else willing to guess???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,
I think you will get a call in August to travel. I am thinking of you and praying for that call!!!

Hang tight it will not be long now :)

Melody

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth we were supposed to be notified when the paperwork for our EP was started and again when it was approved...HA! Darling Wife had a baby shower on April 30...May 4 SW calls with our travel call, four days later Linnae arrives! (and what a busy four days it was)...That said...your call will be in August. Blessings to you both...

Eric

12:07 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm placing my bet for August! I know its hard....my goodness my initial paperwork hasn't even made it to Korea, and I'm beside myself waiting for it to get there....every stage of "waiting" stinks!!
Stephanie Keevis

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,

From experience I can say that I've never seen travel move so quickly. I'm betting late August for travel......start packing.

Jessica

9:07 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Crossing my finger for an August call for you! :o)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home