Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, July 17, 2006

I want my boy home!

Now that we are done re-decorating, and done with all of our paperwork... I WANT MY SON! I'm really getting excited about getting him. I am, however, trying to enjoy these last couple of months with just 2 children. Today I took Elaine and Micah to the pool by myself. It's a busy community pool with an AWESOME baby pool (fountains, waterfalls, slides, etc). By the way... I can't believe I just called a baby pool "awesome".,, pathetic. Anyway, we had fun. We were there for 3 hours, and the kids are beat. They went right to sleep. I can't even imagine going with 3 kids by myself. I think I would probably have to invests in one of those horrible leash things. No, I could never do that.

After all of the "swimming" today (if you want to call it that), Elaine just woke up with bad leg cramps. She gets these a lot. I did too when I was little, and I remember waking my mom up crying in the middle of the night too. Normally Ben rubs her legs with Icy/Hot and gives her Motrin, but he's not here tonight (another business trip... sigh) so I had to do it for the first time. She told me that daddy does a better job. Oh well. 4 years of college to become a nurse, and my husband does a better job. Go figure.

One of the social workers at ASIA e-mailed me and told me that September sounds like a realistic time-frame for our travel call, but that we might be surprised with a quicker call! I'm not getting my hopes up though. We've been so lucky to have everything go so quickly so far. I don't want to jinx it! We need to start packing (like the stuff that we don't use everyday) but I'm actually procrastinating on that one. It's so funny, because in H.S. and early college I ALWAYS waited 'till the last minute... no I want to get whatever it is done so I can quit worrying about it!

Oh, and before I leave... check out the ticker at the bottom of the page! I think I've hit 3500... WOW! Thanks for having an interest!

4 Comments:

Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

I check in daily so count me among the 3500 visitors!!! How did you get that ticker, btw??? Arie will be ready SOON!!! Hope Elaine is feeling better today.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Bobby and Ivy said...

Poor Elaine! She sounds like Daddy's girl to me! Don't worry, I know how you feel. There's nothing like watching Staci hold on to Daddy's legs when he leaves for work saying "No Daddy! NO!"
Gotta love our girls!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I just found your blog from another blog I started reading. I just wanted to say hello so I wouldn't be a lurker and say Congrats on your baby boy coming home soon! We have 3 adopted children and I know the ups and downs of waiting. Hang in there your son is coming soon!!!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

Hi, from a fellow ASIA parent. My husband and I have two teens (a senion and a sophomore - it has gone so very fast).

I thought I posted this comment last night, and may have added it to the wrong post, so if you see a similar comment feel free to delete it.

I'm at a different place in my journey, and now that my kids are getting older my thoughts have turned to our children's mother, father and families in Korea. I talk out loud about this on my blog, and hope you stop by.

Best to you! And I think I read in a post that your little one is coming home in September - our son arrived in September, too.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home