Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Friday, July 14, 2006

I-171!!! WOOOO-HOOO!!!

Yesterday in the mail we got our I-171 form. We expected to wait 6-8 weeks, well we had JUST sent the application in on 7/8/06! That is like RECORD speed. This is the form that basically says we have been "approved" by the United States to adopt a child from another country. It has already been faxed to the American Consulate in Seoul Korea! They will need it for Arie's visa. On this end of the ocean, we are DONE DONE DONE!!! Once Arie's Korean "Petition for Immigration" has been approved by the Korean Ministry of Health, then we wait for his passport and visa and THAT"S IT! The petition may have already been approved, but we don't find any of that information out :( The passport and visa each take 2 weeks to process. What a great feeling to know that we will have our boy home soon!

Yesterday I worked all day and helped deliver one of my closest friend's baby! It was a beautiful delivery, but I cried more than they did... oh well. I'm sure she'll tease me for the rest of my life. CONGRATULATIONS JEFF and GINNIFER!!! You have a perfect angel!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan and Ben,
I am so excited for all of us that you are done on this end. Adri will make a beautiful addition to our family and we can't wait to see him!
Oma

11:14 AM  
Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Another step complete!!! You're getting sooo close! Can you even BELIEVE it??? I'm getting so excited for you!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home