Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Saturday, July 08, 2006

We got Arie's "LEGALS"!

Today in the mail, we got the legal documents from Korea (certificate of birth, etc). These are all needed so that we can send in our next form : the I-600. The I-600 is the "Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative". This form goes through Homeland security (also called USCIS). We should be able to send them off to USCIS tomorrow. Hopefully all of this will go smoothly... we should receive "approval" from USCIS within about 6 weeks. When we receive this approval, we send it to ASIA, and USCIS sends it to the American Consulate in Seoul.

On Korea's end, they are currently translating all of our acceptance documents that we sent on June 26th, and once those are translated, they will begin applying for Arie's passport and visa.

Then we wait for the travel call. I know this is all so confusing for all of you reading this, just imagine LIVING IT! I'm SURE that something is going to get screwed up with our I-600 form. There has already been a glitch with our I-600a form (the pre-approval form for homeland security) and I'm worried that is going to mess up this form. In a nut-shell, our SW was supposed to send our home-study to USCIS in April to go with the I-600a form. She forgot, and didn't get it sent in until June. As a result, we have heard nothing from USCIS... and I'm worried that something has gotten lost in the shuffle. We'll see.

I painted Micah's big boy room all by my self this week! Ben is gone again with the Army :< Although the paint color looks great, I think it needs another coat... sucks for me. It's coming along though!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home