Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bummer news

Just got an e-mail from our social worker saying that they expect our travel call to be anywhere from 3-5 months after our log-in date. The "log-in" date is the date that Eastern (the Korean agency) received our paperwork. That date is July 4th. That puts us at October 4th - December 4th for travel. I'm so bummed. I was really planning on September or maybe even early August! :( This just sucks. It really is hard having Arie so far away. Last night I was tucking Elaine into bed, and she said to me "I don't think Arie will ever come home". I totally feel her pain, but obviously I re-assured her. I don't know how people can go through an adoption more than once. It must be like labor pains... you must just totally forget after the baby is in your arms!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bobby and Ivy said...

Total bummer! Okay, so I'm totally gonna pray that your sw is wrong wrong wrong!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that news. I'm praying your sw is wrong too. The wait is so tough!

9:38 PM  
Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Oh Ryan! :( Remember that SW's ALWAYS give you WORST CASE SCENARIO so don't lose faith just yet! Our SW told us in early December that "the way it's looking, you may not travel until March!" and I SOBBED!! We got our travel call on Dec. 30 and were home with the twins on Jan 12. IT WILL HAPPEN! I promise!! Until then, I'm praying! I remember how hard it is to wait.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home