Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Re-living my youth

Last night Ben and I went to see Poison and Cinderella in concert! Poison was my FAVORITE band in middle school, so Ben got these tickets for me for our anniversary. I was totally psyched! We got to the concert early so we had PLENTY of time to "people watch". It was an interesting group to say the least. We were on the younger end of people there. Most fans seemed to be in their mid 40's. The clothes these people were wearing amazed me. Here's me and Ben wearing matching Birkenstocks,jeans, and equally preppie shirts, in a crowd of people who either forgot to look in the mirror, or looked in a trick one. The main idea behind the outfit selection of everyone else seems to be "wear an outfit that shows off EXACTLY how bad you have aged since the 80's!". Aside from the large rolls hanging out below the halter tops of the 250lb obese women, there were men sporting halter tops (always a bad fashion decision). It felt like we had walked into the fashion "DONT'S" section of a magazine. At least it made for some good entertainment.

After the first horrible opening band (I don't even know the name) Cinderella came onstage. Neither Ben nor I ever listened to them growing up, so we couldn't sing along. It's always fun to watch mid-50 rock performers sing. Everything was going fine with Cinderella until the lead singer fell down on-stage during one of the slow songs. I was worried that he broke a hip or something, but apparently he was just doing it for dramatic effect. Oh. Ok. Whatever works for you dude.

During Cinderella we realized that we were sitting behind of the most obnoxious girl at the concert. You know who I'm talking about. This is the girl who has to "act out" every word of the song.. and God help us all, she knew every song. I am not a violent person (I actually saved a trapped bat in the bathroom while I was there) but I REALLY wanted to just smack this girl upside her head. We were waiting for her to get too drunk to keep it up, but that never happened. Once Poison started, we realized not only were we behind half-drunk-drama-queen-girl, we were sitting next to the SECOND most obnoxious girl at the concert. She kept putting her arm around Ben telling him he "sucks". Apparently he wasn't EXCITED enough to see Poison, so somehow that made him "suck". Whatever. Our luck...thousands of people and we get stuck next to the best of 'em.

Finally at 9pm, Poison came on stage. It was really cool to see them live. I really did love them when I was little, so I enjoyed this part of the concert. The lead singer (Brett Michaels) was wearing his own band shirt though. I guess someone forgot to tell him that's not cool, but that's alright. He did change his shirt 3 times during the concert... but only to replace the previous shirt with another "Poison" shirt. They were great (as far as 80's rock bands go). We jammed out with them and they played all the songs I like. We ducked out in the middle of the encore song though... this was in part due to the guys in the row behind us deciding to take a leak behind our seats. I can deal with obnoxious drunk freaks, overweight half dressed females, even bats flying at my head (yes, the bat hit me in the head twice) but pissing on my shoes is JUST NOT COOL!!!

We had a great time believe it or not. I'm sure at some concert in my past I was once that half-drunk psycho girl. Concerts seem to bring out the "best" in people. I have done everything from use the men's room (with men in it because the line was shorter), to crowd surf and mosh in the mosh-pit. At one concert I even lost my shoes and had to ride the metro home bare-foot. I've done things MUCH crazier than that, but my parents read this, so I'm not sharing those secrets. I guess I'm just more grown up now... two (almost three) kids will do that to you.

All-in-all Poison was a blast. I would go again in a heartbeat. Although next time I'll be sure to wear rubber boots!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, almost peed my pants reading about the concert! I can picture it all perfectly! Amy

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home