Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Oh how I need a BREAK!

Since February 26th we have all been sick. It started with Elaine having what we THOUGHT was pink-eye. Then it went from her to Arie to me and Micah. Turns out it wasn't pink-eye but some sort of "bug". She worked through it pretty quick, but Micah and Arie got the full brunt of it.

Micah and Arie have been really sick since last Monday. I kept waiting for it to go away but it didn't. Micah (who has ear tubes) has so much drainage/blood coming out of his ear that it is LITERALLY dripping on his clothes. Both boys have goopy eyes, bad coughs, and on/off fevers.

We finally made it to the doctors office yesterday... we were there for three hours.(Me, Elaine, Micah and Arie... UGH). Micah has pneumonia and a HORRIBLE ear infection. Arie also has a bad ear infection. Arie had to get two shots of Rocefin in his legs (the amount of fluid was too much for his skinny little legs so they had to divide it), and Micah had to get one shot... but as she was giving it he kicked his leg and the needle jabbed and then he kicked again and again the needle jabbed him (it was in his skin the whole time but the direction of the needle changed so his leg is SO bruised). Then we had to give him a nebulizer treatment (face mask with liquid for 10 minutes) and Micah screamed through the whole thing while he was being held down by me(he is STRONG!!!). Now, at home, I have to give them every 4 hours... even during the night.

After our appointment we waited for our 7... yes 7... prescriptions to be filled at Wal-Mart for 1.5 hours. Long story about that too. (The doctor screwed something up). All three kids were SO exhausted and didn't get to eat lunch until 3:30.

As for me, I have a lingering cough, but nothing major. I'm beyond exhausted because all three kids have been waking up during the night the past two weeks. Elaine wakes for various reasons (nightmares about bugs, leg cramps, thirsty, etc), and the boys are obviously waking because they are sick. I've spent the days wiping snotty noses, wiping down the house with anti-microbial wipes, and dosing out medications by the bottle full. I really need a break, or at the very least a full night of sleep!

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Didn't you know? Moms don't get a break! Sounds beyond rough ... hoping the boys are better soon and that mom can get some much needed rest.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness. Poor kiddos. Poor mom!

Hope everyone is feeling better very soon and that you will be able to get some much needed - and deserved - rest.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

I feel your pain, we just got off the nebulizer treatments for the first time in months. We even had a few nights in the hospital....

I hope everyone feels better soon.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. No fun, sorry to hear that.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home