Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Picnic Day




The past couple days have been BEAUTIFUL in my neck of the woods! So yesterday me and a neighbor took our 6 kids to the park for a picnic. I tried like hell to get a picture of my 3 kids together... something that is nearly impossible to do. By the time you get two of the three sitting down, the third one is in tears. And if your lucky enough to get them ALL to sit down (at one time), it always seems to happen that the camera battery is dead. Go figure.

Anyway, I managed to snap the picture above of the three of them. It's the best I could do. I'm not complaining. Micah is at the impossible 18 month stage where he thinks cameras are evil torturing devices. We still, however, plan on attempting our family picture sometime in the next month. I'd rather gauge my eye-balls out with a dull knife, but as you know the Holidays are approaching and we need to send out our cards. Sigh. I think that the photographers who work at the photo studios are really angels in disguise. That would top my list as one of the worst jobs out there. Can you imagine spending ALL DAY trying to get the "perfect shot" of someone else's children? I have a hard enough time spending 5 minutes trying to get a good shot. I can't even begin to imagine doing it day in and day out. I'd be a raving lunatic if I had to do that. Kuddos to all you studio photographers out there. For the sake of the children, better you than me!

I'll be sure to let you know how our little photo session goes. I get heart palpitations just thinking about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Third Mom said...

Great photo - and I agree, the weather has been awesome around here! I guess this is it for awhile, though, 50s and rain tomorrow :(

The picnic sounds wonderful - and you sound refreshed. I hope you are feeling better!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home