Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Quick Update

Me and the boys at the Pumpkin Patch
Arie had his 6 month well baby check on Halloween. He is still only 13 pounds... so he's in the 0% for weight... ugh. He is in the 40% for height though. He received 3 immunizations, and to top that off they tried 3 times to draw blood from him for his "adoption panel". No luck. That was the second complete attempt at blood work. The boy has no veins. They are now trying to decide if they want to draw from a scalp vein (ouch!) or wait until his upcoming (minor) surgery and coordinate it with that. I'm still waiting to hear.

In regard to his weight, he is a "work in progress" as his doctor called him. He refuses to eat ANYTHING in the food department. He will on only drink a bottle. I'm worried, but his very laid back doctor isn't. He use to be in the 5% for weight, and now he's not even on the chart... so I'm worried. To top it off, my brother-in-law's new baby was born weighing 10 lbs!!! I know that the new baby will be WAY bigger than Arie at Thanksgiving, so all I'm going to hear is "Wow, Arie is sooooo tiny!" Well...Duh.

I just wish he would start gaining weight. He is 6 months old now and still in a size 2 diaper and 3-6 month clothes. Here's a little perspective... Micah weighed just under 20 lbs at 6 months old. What a difference.

He's still on target developmentally, so that's great. He's just a peanut!

5 Comments:

Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

and an ADORABLE peanut at that!!! He is just gorgeous!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

If it is any consolation Gracie has always been tiny too! She too has "peanut" for a nickname. My neighbor uses it so much that if she doesn't call her peanut Gracie corrects her and tells her, "you call me peanut!" It is hilarious!

Gracie was not on the charts at all for height and I think she finally has hit the 5% mark at 3 years old! Her weight is a little better but has always been tiny and always been healthy as a horse! Just thought that might help with the worrying a bit. I did it too! Now I just know....she is going to be the smallest one in her class!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

They all grow at their own pace. If your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be either. My guess is that when he comes around to solids, he'll start gaining much more quickly.

He's an absolute cutie-pie, you guys must have had a lot of fun at the pumpkin patch!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there,
i am a new reader and havent caught up much but wanted to mention that my little guy, who turns 3 in a couple weeks and weighs around 26lbs. he has always been tiny. born at 7lbs, down to 6lbs in the first week...and continued to fall off the bottom of the charts. but he's happy and healthy and full of energy. hitting those milestones show far more than info than weight. i just put my nearly 3yr old to bed in 18month sized pj's.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

My Micah was really underweight as an infant as well. Granted he was never in the 0%, but he was normally in the 5-10%. I had one Dr. recommend for me to stop breast feeding. Thank God I didn't listen to him. As long as he's taking a bottle, and is urinating and doing #2 regularly then he should be fine. As far as eating solids I hear most Peds. are telling moms to wait until 8-9 months before introducing new foods. I guess it has something to do with food allergies on the increase. (?)
Anyways, not all babies have to be big with tons of rolls. Like someone else mentioned if your Dr. isn't worried then you should try not to worry too. Harder to say then do, huh? =)

Arie is sooooo cute!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home