Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, November 13, 2006

My Rockin' Baby


When we first met Arie in Korea, he would rock back-n-forth in his foster mother's arms. He was always in the best mood when he did this, and she told us that "rocking" means he is "happy". The next two times we saw him, he would do the same thing... but only in her arms.

Well, we brought him home and waited for him to rock and he never did. Ben was dissapointed and took it as a sign that Arie wasn't "happy" yet. We even mentioned it to our social worker. The weeks passed and we forgot about it. Instead, we were thrilled with the smiles, cooing, and laughs that he gave us.

Today I was holding Arie while we were walking around in Target. He was in an exceptionally great mood and "talking" through his big drooly grins. After a few minutes of holding him he started rocking back and forth in my arms... At first I was just laughing because I had forgotten that he use to do it in Korea, and I just thought he was being a nut. But after he slammed the back of his head into my shoulder a few more times a memory poped into my head of his foster mother rubbing her shoulder after he had done the same thing to her. My eyes filled with tears as I exclaimed to my husband... "HE'S ROCKING!!!" Ben got choked up too. I'm even crying as I sit here and type this. It was such a special moment for us. I rushed home and wrote all about it on his milestone calander. What a wonderful thing to see that he is begining to feel comfortable, as am I. This past week we have made leaps and bounds togethor. I think I worked through a lot of my feelings last weekend during my "break down" and have finally started to really bond with him. Something clicked between us, and today I saw evidence of that. I'm so blessed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Congratulations Ryan! That is fantastic! Just reading this brought tears to my eyes!!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! HOW ADORABLE!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

Arie rocks!!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home