Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, November 20, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~Baby James~~~~~~~~~~




After starting the adoption process, I have spent a lot of time talking to other adoptive families through on-line forums. On one of the smaller forums I talk on, there is a family that I've gotten to know fairly well over the past few months. We waited together for our referrals, and then for our travel calls. They got their call about 3 weeks before us. After bringing their new baby boy home, they noticed that he was often fussy, especially at night. The took him to the doctor who discovered a lump in his abdomen. Only five weeks after James came home, he was diagnosed with kidney cancer. It's a disease called Wilms Tumor, and James has tumors in both kidneys. It's been a really rough road for them. James has already been through chemo, only to discover that the tumors actually grew during the treatments. Today James has surgery to explore the tumors overtaking his kidneys. The surgeons will be making an incision across his abdomen so they have access to both kidneys... after that they will decide how to proceed. James may possibly have one kidney removed today.

I'm asking you to please keep Baby James and his family in your thoughts and prayers today. It's a horribly sad situation. Please go to their site and leave a comment letting them know that your praying for their baby boy. Here is the link to BABY JAMES.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

That is terrible news! I will definitely pray!!!! Keep us posted.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Danyelle said...

Ryan,

I'm so glad you linked this to your blog. It's so crazy that the 3 of us were waiting for our referrals and travel calls together. Little did we know that one of us would be going through something like this. Health truly is such a blessing.

Danyelle

4:36 PM  
Blogger suz said...

How terrible. I wish them the best.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Bek said...

Wow.

I also wanted to thank you for the post you wrote on Nov 9. IT really resonated with me. My third was my hardest baby and I have felt the same way (bonding with my other two was different).

I also have been feeling overwhlemed lately by reading all the info out there and wondering how I can possibly raise a child that will be happy........

It struck a chord. We are normal. This is normal. I write about it (in my personal, not for public viewing, journal) and hope that it will someday help me understand the feelings that my kids might have as they get older.... so they can also see that I am human and understand that complexities that are involved w/ the grief issues and the abandonment issues and that it is ok to fee that way. We don't have to pretend it is all sunshine.

:-)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danyelle,
Yes it is crazy... I can't imagine how hard everything must be for them right now. It seems like only yesterday that we were chanting "Ring phones Ring!" and Mel was giving up her Chick-Fil-A for all of us. Thanks for checking in Danyelle... glad I could get the two of you back in touch!
Ryan

8:11 PM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

This is so, so sad. I'll be praying for James and for his family. Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to leave a comment to let them know they have a lot of people praying for them.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home