Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, July 03, 2006

Surgery went well

Micah being put under general anesthesia

** I can't get ANY more pictures to upload, so this is it. I'll try more tomorrow or the next day, but I work tomorrow (July 4th) so I've got to get some sleep!
So Micah did great today. We had to wake up at 5:30am, and his surgery didn't start until (:45, so aside form being exhausted, Micah did wonderful. He was a hit in the pre-op area. All the nurses, doctors, and even the other patients were playing with him. When they finally went to walk us back, I went back to the O.R. Micah was so happy and smiley until we walked into that room, and then he looked like a deer in the headlights. Once the nurse anesthetist sat him on the bed, he lost it. They put the mask over his face and he SCREAMED!!!! I didn't think he would ever fall asleep, but after about 30 seconds he was out cold. I was fine until I left him lying there, but once I started walking away I had to hold back the tears. The surgery was incredibly fast (like 10 -15 minutes from start to finish). His doctor said there was "tons of fluid" and the nurse said that it was very "gluey"... ick. After the 15 minute wait, they called me back into the recovery room, but Micah had already woken up and was freaking out. I don't think I've ever heard him scream so loudly. The nurses were trying to get him to calm down (because there were like 5 other patients in the recover room with him), but they weren't having any luck. I gave him a paci, grabbed him, and he immediately calmed down. I love being a mama. Anyway, he took a 4 hour nap when we got home and has had some pain issues, but is doing fine. We had our fist struggle with ear drops tonight... oh, and ear plugs too. Lotsa fun! Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers!

Found out today that our acceptance papers were sent to Korea by DHL on Friday June 30th! That means that processing will begin on the Korea side for our boy Arie!!! It's such a good feeling to know that things are moving along. The next thing we're waiting for is our I-600 approval. This is the description:
The I-600 is the approval form from the USCIS that the child can be adopted by the parents (if you haven’t filed an I-600A the I-600 also approves you as an adoptive parent). Approval comes in the form of an I-171 (in most cases).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home