Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Good Day

This is a picture of Arie taken by a friend of mine while he was at Eastern. I know you can't see him well, but a little peak is fine by me :)
Lots of little positive things happened today. I found the receipt for the candles. Good. I spent the day shopping for more gifts. The mall is having HUGE sales, so I got lots of good things at like 75% off! YEAH! The acceptance documents were received by the agency today. She said unless there is a problem, they will be sent to Korea by DHL tomorrow. I should hear from the SW once they are sent. It's good to know that things are moving along. I also sent out a box of gifts to the foster-mom and some things for Arie. It cost $26 shipping the SLOW way, $50 the fast way. We opted to save the money, so hopefully the box will make it to Korea before we do! It was so fun shopping for him, but it doesn't really feel like I'm shopping for my own child... yet. My favorite thing that I sent him was this SUPER soft (like chenille) blanket with a "silkie" edge. I just love it! I hope he comes home with it. Obviously I'm not going to ask for it back while we're there, but hopefully we will get it back. I started working on the packing list last night. I have no idea how we are going to make it through the airport with our luggage... in fact we need to buy more luggage. We SOOO don't have enough!

All this shopping has worn me out. If you know me, you know I have hip problems, and they are killing me. I know I sound like an old woman right now, but really I'm only 20-10... (if your confused, 20-10 is the number that comes after 29.) Good night! Oh, forgot to mention, Micah has surgery on Monday (July 3rd)for his ears. I can't wait for him to be my happy boy again!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home