Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're Pleased to Introduce Arie



Here is a picture of our beautiful boy! We think he's adorable with his big brown eyes! We decided on the name Arie (pronounced r-ee) after I was driving to meet Ben and saw a sign for a place called Arleigh. That made me think of a family friend named Arie. My parents and I met Arie, and his family (Adri and Adri his parents, Arietta his wife, and Tim their son) while living in Germany years ago. They are from Holland, and they are wonderful people. They have stayed very close to my family throughout the years. The name "Arie" is Scandinavian and means "Lion".On June 26th we were FINALLY able to send our acceptance paperwork back to the adoption agency. Once they receive it, they will forward it on to Eastern Social Welfare Society (the Korean agency that our baby is with). Once Eastern receives it, they will start processing the paperwork for Arie, and start on his exit visa papers, etc. Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here on out.I'm sure many of you are wondering what happens if the birth-mom changes her mind. Well, she is allowed to change her mind and re-claim Arie up to when we board the airplane! It doesn't happen often, and we don't anticipate it happening, but obviously it's something we have to think about. We know that whatever happens, it is God's plan. We would be heart broken, but at the same time, happy to know that Arie would grow up in the country of his birth surrounded by Korean people and their wonderful culture.Another question that we have been asked a lot is "Why did his birth-mother choose adoption for him?". We have decided to tell only Arie that information when he is old enough to understand it. It's his story to know and to share when he's ready. Generally speaking, however, most children are placed for adoption because their birth parents are not able to care for them for either financial/emotional/social issues. In Korea, it's not acceptable to have a child out of wed-lock. The families of these children are shunned as are the children. They are still very "old-fashioned" in there way of thinking when it comes to this subject.We will keep you updated with news! WE'RE IN LOVE!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,

So happy for you and your family. Arie is a great name for a beautiful boy. Hope travel is speedy! Love Elaine's comment in the previous post!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home