Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Race for the Cure" was a SUCCESS!!

Renee in the Middle Surrounded by Friends
Ryan and Renee
Racing For Renee Team

Well, after lots of planning by Renee's friends... the Race was super awesome! The "Racing for Renee" team was out in full force, and the media was all over my sisters story. She was on the news and in the newspaper (a couple of times)! My sisters was very emotional throughout the entire event, and I think she really felt the support of all of her friends, family and contributors behind her. My sister did her best to walk, but because she had just received chemo the week prior, her body wasn't yet ready. However, her two older boys (ages 6 and 8) walked the entire 3 mile course, and were proud to have walked "for her". Once again, I want to thank all of my friends and family who donated to this cause. Although the race is over now, the need for donations continues... so if you weren't able to donate earlier, you can donate anytime to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. My sister is following up this fabulous weekend with a not so fun day of surgery on Wednesday. She will be in the hospital for a few days, and could really use your prayers. Thanks again everyone for everything you have done. I'll keep you updated on Renee.

Now... lets keep our fingers crossed for that referral!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger -Stacy and Ted said...

Please tell Renee that we'll be praying for her! Also... You're up NEXT for a referral??? OH MY GOSH!! I am sooooo excited for you I can barely stand it!!!!!!!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home