Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Friday, May 05, 2006

"Children's Day" in Korea (SHOEBOX UPDATE!)








So today was Children's Day in Korea. If you remember a while ago I mentioned that me and my step-mom had sent a shoe-box full of gifts to two of the children in an orphanage in Korea. The idea was started by one of the girls (April) whom I chat with on an adoption forum. She is volunteering at an orphanage in Seoul, and she asked a while back if anyone would be willing to "sponsor" a child and donate a shoe-box full of clothes/toys to them... she only needed like 40 boxes and ended up with over 300 offers!!! Anyway, here are the pictures of the children receiving their boxes and the commentary from April:

So, shoeboxes were finally delivered today! It was a really hectic and busy day, but all worth it to see the look on the kids faces. I have to note that the orphanage director asked for the boxes to be split up "evenly" when we distrubted the boxes. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for her, so I told her to do what she felt was best. So for each box that got assigned a child, some contents were taken out and put into a gift bag. The rest of the contents and boxes is going to each room mother, and they'll give the rest of the gifts to the kids separately. She did this because she didn't want kids getting jealous over someone getting more then the other etc etc.. They'll all get their boxes, but just privately. So hope you guys understand. Oh and pictures, I got SOME pictures but not as much as I wanted. I was busy handing out the gifts, so my cousin was designated picture taker, but he didn't get many as I wanted. And he didn't really get faces.....=( But it will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home