Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Micah Turns One!




Micah had his first birthday this week. I can't believe my baby is already one! Unfortunately he started his second year of life very sick. Saturday he started with a fever, and by Monday morning he still had a fever with a cough, and GI issues (vomiting and the like). We took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with an ear infection, upper respiratory infection, and possible Rotavirus. Yuck. By Wednesday morning he had quit eating and was very lethargic... still with a high fever and bad cough. I took him back to the doctor, and was told that he most likely had either Adenovirus, or Influenza to begin with... and now he has a secondary infection of Pneumonia!!! My poor baby. The doctors have changed his medications around, and hopefully he will get better. He seems a little better today, but he's wheezing a lot. I'm getting ready to call his doctor again about that. Anyway, he didn't smile at all during his birthday party (as you can tell in the pictures)... I don't think I would have either if I was that sick. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MICAH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home