Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

When You Wish Upon A Star...


Sorry I've been MIA lately. Here's the story:


On Christmas morning, when we all woke up, we discovered that we had little kisses on our cheeks. Unsure of where they came from (because they were VERY tiny) we giggled and laughed at the site of each other. But that wasn't as much of a mystery as the glitter that was all over our house. There was a glitter trail from our front door, up our stairs and into each of our bedrooms. We were all so surprised at this. What was Santa thinking???


Well, when we followed the trail downstairs it led us to a beautifully wrapped box. Sitting around the box was a stuffed Mickey Mouse and some other Disney items. We opened the box and inside the box was a letter from TINKER BELL!!!!! She explained how she hitched a ride with Santa to our house, flew upstairs to kiss us on the cheeks (thereby leaving a trail of "pixie-dust") and then flew back downstairs to leave her gift. The letter went on to tell us that Mickey Mouse had invited us to stay at his house for a WHOLE WEEK. All we needed to do was pick the dates!!!
It was a GREAT Christmas surprise and one that the kids and I will never forget. Soooo, where have I been the past few days? I've been busy planning our vacation! We'll be going the last week of April. YEAH!!! Let me tell you though... the tickets to get into Walt Disney World cost waaaaay more than the flights to get there and back. UGH! We've learned that when you "do Disney" you just can't worry about money because it's just plain expensive. BUT, in our opinion it's worth every penny!
THANK YOU TINKER BELL!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Danyelle said...

Ryan,
How fun!! What a nice treat that will be after so many months of tireless mothering! By the way, how is Arie doing with the eating and such?

Danyelle

3:24 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Oh we need to share notes because...we are going in June! We just made that decision this week and booked the hotel! We don't have our tickets to the park yet and we are driving. We simply can't afford airfare for everyone. I'm also very excited because our Nonnie and Grandad will be going with us! I would love to share notes on what you guys are planning! I love Disney!!!!!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home