Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Revenge


In our house, Elaine doesn't have to eat dinner. It's her choice. We always feed the kids whatever we're having, so if we're having pork roast, then so are they. We're not short order cooks... I don't take requests. You get my point. Anyway, last night she didn't eat her dinner. So therefore she gets no desert. It's a fair rule, and she's the decision maker. She almost always eats though.
Because she didn't eat her dinner last night she didn't get to pick candy out of her Halloween candy bad (yes, I know, Halloween was months ago). We do, however, have an advent calendar with pieces of chocolate for each day in December, so we were going to give her that. Before we caved in though, we thought we would torment her a little bit. Here is the conversation...........




Elaine: can I have the chocolate even though I didn't eat dinner?
Ben: No. Mommy and Daddy are splitting the chocolate tonight.
Me: Yeah, we NEVER get the chocolate. You and Micah get it every night.
Elaine: PLLEEEEEEAAAASEEEE can I have it??
Ben: If you give me a million dollars.
Elaine: I don't have a million dollars.
Me: You can have it Elaine... because Daddy is going to Dairy Queen to get us ice cream!
Elaine: THAT’S NOT FAIR!
Ben: Yeah, and then we're going to have a party after you go to bed... so be really quiet!
Me: And we're going to have, like, 10 piñatas! And LOTS of cake!... OH! And a PONY!
Elaine: You're just kidding, right?
Ben: Yes, mommy's kidding about the pony. It's actually a UNICORN!
Me: What time is the clown coming Ben?
Ben: Right after Elaine falls asleep.
Me: Santa's coming too. But the tooth-fairy never RSVP'd.
Elaine (staring in disbelief with her jaw on the floor): Are you really having a party???
Me and Ben (laughing hysterically): Yes, now go upstairs for a bath.


It is OH SO FUN to get her back once in a while. We did tell her the truth after her whining got so obnoxious it was piercing our eardrums. She is so going to need therapy when she's older! ;)~

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

That is too funny!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! And I totally agree with not being a short order cook. I talked to one of my friends who lives out in California earlier who had just finished a $300 grocery run. $100 for her son because he won't eat what they eat.
They will eat when they get hungry enough to eat what is in front of them!!!

Traci

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.-that is the perfect picture to go with that story!

Traci

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home