Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Friday, December 15, 2006

Article in The Korean Times

HERE is an article in The Korean Times entitled :"Number of Older Single Mothers Rises". The article speaks about teenage single mothers, and older single mothers in Korea. It also talks about adoption and abortion. It's very interesting to read. I was thirilled to see the following...

Han Sang-soon, director of a single mother¡¯s facility Aeranwon, also showed at the seminar that the ratio of unmarried mothers who chose to raise the babies instead of adoption has increased from 2.7 percent in 1984 to 3.5 percent in 1996 and 31.7 percent last year.


Hopefully that trend will continue upward.

2 Comments:

Blogger Third Mom said...

Yes, indeed. Thanks for the link, Ryan.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Schrandt-O-Rama said...

Very interesting! Thanks for posting the link.

"Hopefully that trend will continue upward."

Absolutely, Ryan. You said it.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home