Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, January 08, 2007

HELP! We're being eaten by the laundry montser!


We're drowning in laundry!!! I'm not kidding... I should post a picture of the mountain of laundry I have to do. It literally covers the WHOLE FLOOR in the laundry room and comes up to mid-calf. It's not that I just don't do it, it's that I can't manage to get down to the basement. Our basement isn't finished, so the kids can't really go down there. If I leave them all upstairs for more than... oh... 30 seconds or so, I will inevitably come back up to two crying boys: Elaine beats up on Micah, and Micah beats up on Arie. Since Elaine is the oldest, she doesn't seem to get pummeled as often. Like my mom always use to say, "Shit rolls down-hill". That phrase definitely applies to my children.

Granted, I COULD be using nap-time to do the laundry, but nap-time is "ME" time, and as it is I only have about 15 minutes of nap-time that I get to enjoy because I spend all of the rest of nap-time straightening up the house and scraping food off of the walls. It's sad when "ME" time = peeing in private and standing by the kitchen sink to inhale a snack (these two things are NOT done together ;)~ Oh how I YEARN for the days where I could go to the store and spend 15 seconds unbuckling myself and getting out of the car as opposed to the 10 minutes it now takes me to unbuckle 4 of us, get us all "into" something pushable with wheels, wipe snot off of noses, and plug screaming mouths with pacifiers. Without my children though, life would be pretty dull.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post cracked me up. Too funny.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the picture! Too cute!! Laundry...uggh...my nemesis.

6:10 AM  
Blogger bodegalee said...

OH how I can soooo relate!!! Ya know... if you're a digi-scrappin' mom (i havent quite figured it out yet :) they say you should scrap these everyday moments... but oh my.. some of my everyday moments like the laundry pile can be pretty scary.. :) Hope you're doing well. If you need a good laugh, check out my blog.. I just tried my first attempt at dropshots video and posted some footage of Alex doing his "rocker" routine!! Take care
Leigh

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home