Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Monday, December 04, 2006

Misc. (and more pictures)




Ok... umm....... I have so much to do today that I don't even know where to begin. So, naturally, I'll waste some time playing on the computer. Pathetic I know.

I got strep throat on Friday and have been on antibiotics since then. Just today I'm feeling more normal. Saturday was A.S.I.A.'s 25th Anniversary party. I took the max. amount of Motrin and Tylenol and forced myself to go. It was a lot of fun. They had Korean dancers, Indian dancers, crafts (which was fabulous because it kept Elaine busy the WHOLE time!), shopping, and best of all they had an all you can eat buffet! I met lots of people including Margie (a.k.a.
Third Mom), and a couple of other mothers from the forums I talk on. I was able to talk with a couple of adult Korean adoptees too. It was great to meet so many new people. I really had a great time... strep and all.


I have some random things to talk about...


First, let me tell you about my favorite person in the world. He is an employee at 7-11, and he made my week. I went in to 7-11 to get a slurpee (due to the fun throat pain) and this guy behind the counter asked me if I knew "anything going on tonight". I laughed because the only thing going on for me was changing diaeper and putting three screaming kids to bed. I also laughed because I can hardly remember what it's like to be worried over what party to go to. Anyway, after I told him I had three kids I asked how old he was... he looked young and I wanted to see why this guy though I might have the scoop on the evenings happenings. He told me he was 24 and then he asked how old I was. I said 30. He totally stopped what he was doing and said, "You're 30? No way. You look WAY younger than that!". I said thanks and walked out the door cheesing from ear to ear. When I got home I told Ben about it, but he just thinks the guy was hitting on me. I don'tthink he was, but even if he was, whats wrong with a 24 year old hitting on me? He he. Anyway, it made me feel good. 7-11 trains their employees well!


Second, I'm getting ready to start working on my Christmas letter. Although it's such a daunting task, it's fun to send them out. Between writing the letter, getting the pictures togethor, and addressing stuffing and stamping the envelope, it can take A LOT of time. I think it's so funny how all year long people look forward to the Holidays, but once they get here the tasks, customs, traditions, parties, gatherings, gifts, etc become SO overwhelming! It creates so much stress and even arguments in many cases... but still... year after year... we find ourselves doing the same things.


Third, I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who have offered supporting words to Baby James and his family. He is doing well and is now out of the hospital and back at home. I know there are a lot of people who read this blog, and the support you have offered me through the past few months has been priceless. So thank you for extending that support to him and his family.


Well, this post flowed about as well as a concrete river... sorry about that. I'll do bettter next time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! It sounds like the Korean get together was a blast strep throat and all! LOL!!

Great pics btw!

The guy in the store thing has happened to me a couple of times (a few years back now I'm 35 now!!!) I remember how great it makes you feel! Enjoy!

Now this comment has flowed as well as a concrete river! LOL!!!!!!!! (twins are back!)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Third Mom said...

It was great fun meeting you and your family, Ryan, I hope we see you at many events in the future!

Glad you're feeling better - holiday stress makes us all more susceptible to getting sick. I'm going to try NOT to knock myself out this year!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of determination on her face in the middle picture.

Hope things are for little baby James too.

You so do NOT look 30.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lainey has your skinny little chicken legs, Ryan!!! (and, I mean that as a compliment!) LOL!! Amy ( :

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed hard when I read the comment about the guy asking "what was going on tonight", that brought back memories of 7-11's for me too.

I am SOOOOO glad to hear baby James is doing better!!!! Fantastic news!

Your photos are beautiful.

Oh, and I have strep too. sigh.... Glad you are feeling better.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home