Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Friday, March 24, 2006

Thinking About Things


A Family...What Every Child Deserves

I was just sitting here thinking about things. Currently the average wait for a referral is 4-6 months from the time the HS is approved (our HS should be approved mid-April). Our SW said this could vary greatly in either direction, but if it does, we expect that it will be much faster. Once a referral is received, the baby is already about 2 months old. So, assuming we get a referral in mid-August (4 months from HS approval), then the baby's birth would be around mid-June. That means that right now our baby is growing!!!! Although this is thrilling for us, it's so hard to think of the pain his/her birth mother is going through. I'm sure every day is agonizing for her. I can't imagine feeling a baby grow inside me, and then giving it to another family to raise. I don't think I could ever do it. It would be so hard. I wonder how she is being treated by her family and friends right now. I'm sure she looks very pregnant at this point, and can no longer hide her growing belly. In Korea, it is not acceptable to have a baby out of wedlock. Korea is still very "old-fashioned" or "conservative" in it's thinking. It's very different than America. I hope that wherever she is, she will feel at peace with her decision to have her baby placed for adoption. I hope she knows that there is a family who CAN"T WAIT to see that baby, and who will love it unconditionally. I hope she knows how much she will add to our already blessed lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home