Our FOUR Little Ducks (formerly Our Three Little Ducks :)~

I'm a mom to FOUR amazing kids, one of which was adopted from South Korea. Our family is wild and crazy, and REALLY LOUD but lots of fun. Oh, and my new favorite quote is: "HAVING KIDS IS LIKE BEING PECKED TO DEATH BY A DUCK." So so so true.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I am currently a SAHM, but prior to leaving my job I was a labor and delivery nurse. I really miss work, but I enjoy being home with my kids (most of the time anyway!).

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

3rd Homestudy Appointment Today

We had our 3rd apt. today. It was just me and the Social Worker (SW). She basically just asked me all about my childhood, adolescence, family relationships, etc. It went well, but some of the issues raised were really hard to think about. I've had a really rough day, LOTS of emotions today. I haven't had a day this hard in SUCH a long time. Also, I'm really starting to notice how much our Korean child will "stand-out". The past few days I've encountered some comments (regarding race) that I'm not quite sure how to handle. I've been reading a lot about ways to handle racist comments, rude adoption comments, etc. I just don't want my future child to get hurt by peoples jokes and teasing weather it's "friendly fire" or just plain racism. I've also been asked SO MANY TIMES "Why don't you just have one more of your own?" I realize that no harm is meant by this question, but this baby WILL be "my own". For future reference, never ask this question to someone who is adopting! Regardless, we are one step closer to bringing our baby home! YIPEE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Ryan,
I LOVE your blog!! It is so cute! Thank you for your comment on my blog! I have enjoyed reading about your journey, and I am glad that we will be "waiting" together! Looking forward to getting to know you better and sharing our stories together!
Erin

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan,
I am sorry that you are having a hard time right now and the adoption process is emotionally draining at times. Just remember their is a plan and a baby that needs a mother and father and you are going to be a wonderful mother. Of course your children are all your OWN and sometimes it takes people longer to see that. You are taking the path less traveled but you will be so blessed when you reach your destination.
Melody
A blessed mama to TWO KOREAN ANGELS

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home